GLOBAL FORESIGHT BOOKS: A Catalog of New and Forthcoming Books on Current Affairs Evidence-based Books and Reports for a Better Society and World
Discover the neglected realm of important new ideas to understand our complex world and shape better futures. Ignorance is costly -- for governments, businesses, planners, and individuals!
Entries on the Global Foresight Books website have been suspended since 2015 so as to developThe Security & Sustainability Guide: 1500 OrganizationsPursuing Essential Global Goals. Click on the 277-page August 2016 Interim Draft. A new and expanded Interim Draft will be available in Spring 2017.
Books are important, but the remarkable proliferation of largely international organizations pursuing sustainability and sustainable development, as well as security, is even more important.
A science-based green revolution is unfolding, but seriously under-reported. See Part 1B of the S&S Guide for a list of 107 important books and reports, recently published and available online.
What GFB offers:
* Brief abstracts of more than 5,000 titles published from early 2009 through 2014.
* Easy access to summaries by Search Books, or by browsing authors, publishers, specific subjects, and 30 generic, overlapping categories
* A long review by Michael Marien of an important and broad-ranging Book of the Month
* A special listing of Recommended Books in areas such as climate, sustainability, development, security, food, health, education, crime, cities, technology, methods, and more
* A list of Paradigm-Breaking Books that view important matters in a different light
* To help individuals and organizations identify and choose new futures-relevant books on current affairs, planning, and public policy
* To enable an overview of current thinking in complex problem areas such as environment, governance, the economic crisis, job creation, poverty reduction, higher education, energy, new technology, terrorism, nuclear weapons, human rights, the Internet, water scarcity, etc.
* To provide a concise cross-disciplinary overview of all trends, issues, and informed proposals for betterment and reform
* To emphasize the need for ongoing synthesis, integration, and collective intelligence in all areas.
* To map the unexplored realm of "current affairs" books and promote their visibility in public discourse.
For further explanation about Global Foresight Books, click FAQ and Categories Explained.
Dr. Michael Marien , director of Global Foresight Books, edited Future Survey for 30 years